Common Mistakes that People Make When they Choose an Auto Shipper for Marlboro Car Shipping
What Factors to Consider When Hiring Baton Rouge Car Shipping Company?October 10, 2020
What Factors to Consider When Choosing an Auto Shipper for Vehicle Shipping In Orlando?November 21, 2020
When you need to ship your car from one part of the city to another or from one state to another, you need to hire a professional Marlboro car shipping company. It is essential and many of us do so; however, we forget to verify certain crucial information before hiring. In the process, we put our car through hell and risk a lot!
Here’s a list of things that you need to be one hundred percent sure of before signing on the dotted lines.
- Find out if the Knoxville auto shipping company is licensed or not. The business needs to be registered with the Department of Transport. If you are moving interstate, the auto shipper needs to have a Motor Carrier number from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. And, if it is an international move, then the auto shipper needs to have a Federal Maritime Commission registration.
- The insurance coverage is one thing that you should never forget. The insurance policy of the auto shipper’s carrier should be sufficient enough to cover your car from damages during the transit. You need to ask the auto shipper to see his insurance coverage. Remember, if the insurance policy of the auto shipper is not enough, you should either consider changing the auto transport company or pay the auto shipper extra for getting the insurance.
- Are they experts in Marlboro car shipping for your brand of car? This is something that you need to specifically check when your vehicle belongs to an exclusive category. For example, if yours is a vintage model or a luxurious car. It could also be a motorbike, or a truck, or a yacht, a fleet of cars, and so on. Based on your requirement, you need to cross-check the experience of the car transport company to be able to make a well-informed decision.
- Does the auto shipper prepare a detailed inspection report before shipping or not? The inspection report is where everything about your vehicle is mentioned – scratches, dents, damages, to the car number, model name, and so on. This document is important to safeguard you and the auto shipper from legal disputes later. Ensure that this document is prepared as per the required standards by the company.
- Pricing and payment terms. It has been seen that many auto shippers promise one rate and later, during the final payment, charge a different amount. Go in with an auto shipper for Knoxville auto shipping that practices ethical and transparent dealing with customers.